Thursday 30 April 2009

Planning for my music magazine

My target audience is the young people between the age of 16- 25. I have chosen this target audience as they are the people who listen to music more than any other age group and also they will be eager to know new news in the music industry. I also think that this age group are the people who listen to the genre of music which I have chosen to create a magazine. As the people in this age will be eagerly waiting for any news about the new albums and songs which is going to be released and so my magazine will tell the audience what is already out and what is going to be out.

The music magazine I am going to create is a Rock magazine even though I will include some other genres in my magazine such as instrumental and classical. Even though my main focus is on the rock genre for my magazine which will lead having limited amount of audience as my magazine as it is not focusing on other genres such as pop, RnB, funky house etc but I am sure that I will still have a large audience as my target audience listen to rock music the most.

My music magazine is a fortnightly magazine which gives detailed information about the new music launches, the singers, the awards etc. The magazine will cost £2.50. As my target audience are the people between the ages of 16- 21 and most of them won’t be ready to pay more than £5.00 a month. My magazine also has a website from which the audience will get more information about all the topics which was included in the magazine.

My magazine is not going to be glossy as it will cost more for a magazine with glossy papers than the normal papers. For my magazine I will be using paper which is more like newspapers. As the magazine is a fortnightly magazine the cost of production will be higher. I don’t want to make my magazine glossy and increase the price because my target audience are the young people and they won’t pay more than £2.50 for a fortnightly magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment